With January in the past, it’s time to establish my February goals. When goal setting, there are a couple things I try to keep in mind.
- Does this goal help advance my yearly goals?
- Is this goal actionable?
Not every monthly goal has to support an annual one – sometimes there are shorter goals that pop up as you go throughout. However, all goals must be actionable. When I write it down I must also include how I can accomplish this goal. This provides me action steps that I can take on a daily basis.
So, here are the goals and action steps for February.
- Lose five pounds – To accomplish, continue intermittent fasting (16:8) and portion control
- Clean out office to convert into dillons room – To accomplish, use weekends to sort through items still left in the room and find new homes for them or determine if they still bring value to your life. If not, donate/discard.
- Publish a blog post each week – To accomplish, continue journaling in the evening, but then use that as inspiration for blog post during the next morning. Write every morning.
- Work on novel – To accomplish, take the first step and finish the outline for sci-fi novel. Evaluate the material you have already written and continue it. Use spare time to write (Lunch at work).
- Finish reading Dune – To accomplish, wind down the nights by reading. Take book to work and fit in a page or two during breaks.
Almost all the goals for February support my annual goals – Aside from cleaning the office, which hopefully gets done this month and then the goal after that will be making it feel more like a kids bedroom.
At the end of the month I’ll do a reflection to look back and see how I did.
What are you goals for this month? Email me at Contact@chaseboyd.com